[Diabetes-talk] Greetings.

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 16:08:20 UTC 2009

>Is this with drawing up the insulin and giving the shot?
It is a similar concern.  I had asked about having a way to provide glucose
in case of extreme emergency.  They make a kit for injecting something
called glucagon which gives your blood glucose a nearly instant kick.  I've
never actually seen one, so I started looking around the web and found the
specs from Lilly who manufactures (apparently) the drug and markets a kit.
The process is very much like giving an insulin injection; however, they may
make a pin system as well.  There is some mixing which must be done
immediately before the injection is given, so that might make it difficult
to manufacture a ready-to-shoot version.  I'm still checking and would be
interested if anyone on the list could explain further.  Don't assume that I
know anything (smile).

"The great secret of a successful marriage is to treat all disasters as
incidents and none of the incidents as disasters."
--Harold Nicolson