[Diabetes-talk] "Voice."

Ann Williams clevelandann at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 9 23:02:28 UTC 2009

Bern wrote:

"...One thing I will never understand is why we really needed a staff of five
editors for this magazine anyway when we've had just one editor for the last
20-some years."

Bern, for about a year I have been listed as a "contributing editor."   This does not mean that I have been paid staff.  I have written for the Voice since 2002 because I think it has been a great publication that met a real need, different from any other diabetes publication.  I was never paid anything for my work on the Voice.  Listing me as a "Contributing Editor" was a lovely gesture from the NFB  to acknowledge my work, and I was glad to accept the acknowledgment.

I am also very sad about the Voice not being published.  Both Ed Bryant and Elizabeth Lunt made very substantial contributions as editors, and Eileen Rivera Ley worked diligently to keep it going.  I believe it was the costs of publication and the economic downturn that caused its demise.

Ann Williams, PhD, RN, CDE