[Diabetes-talk] introduction

Paul & Paula Jordan paujor at fuse.net
Sun Feb 15 02:43:24 UTC 2009

I am paul, and a newly diagnosed diabetic for about 3 months, and am totally
blind, which for the record is not a diabetes related complication.  This
group has been a real find for me, and if there are issues with the voice, I
hope we aren't possibly going to lose the list as well.

I have an issue with a prodigy talking audocode meter which I was given,
rather than the prodigy voice.  I have been working with this for about 3
months, and now that the batteries are aging, I think I'm running into
issues.  First, when I insert a strip, it plays its music, and thanks me for
using prodigy, then tells me the current room temperature, and says to apply
blood into the strip.  I do this, and often nothing happens, it doesn't beep
to indicate it has enough blood to test, and after 3 minutes, it sings its
good-bye song, and shuts off.
There are no audible cues to tell me if low battery is an issue, or what
else to do.  Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.