[Diabetes-talk] A visually impaired person makes it to thetop36for season 8 of american idol

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Feb 16 15:22:18 UTC 2009

Diane:

In a humorous vein: so what if he's blind? And I should have thought a
blind person would have had more inteligence than to subject himself to
Simon's badgering! (grin)

On a more philosophical note, if we *truly* believe that we, the blind,
are simply normal people who cannot see an that the real problems of
blindness are social, not physical, then we should acord the blind no
more honor for getting on American Idle, climbing Mount Everest or
becoming Governor of New York than we would anyone else. In other words,
I contend that our adulation of blind figures who have executed
so-called "firsts" says more about *us* than it does about *them!*

Just an alternative viewpoint! (grin)

Mike