[Diabetes-talk] Fw: Returning member with questions.

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Feb 24 05:59:46 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
To: "Diabetes Talk for the Blind" <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] Returning member with questions.

Allen:

I realize you may not wish to hear it but ...

I have never known a blind person who was successfully and consistently
able to use alternate-site testing. It is too difficult to determine
where the blood spot is for the same reason that many find alternate
site testing desirable: fewer nerve endings.

I realize many may take this wrong but I think I can get away with it
with you: suck it up and stick your fingers. (grin) You'll get better
results
and if your bg is rapidly fluctuating, the readings will be more
accurate into the bargain!

Mike Freeman