[Diabetes-talk] Fw: Returning member with questions.

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Feb 25 03:29:02 UTC 2009

Hi, Alan.

Have you put "fingersticking" into the search box on the NFB site and
read Ed's fine article? And also the one last fall by Tom Ley?

Ann's advice also makes sense. But I suspect that the real problem is
that you just haven't developed a technique that works consistently for
you yet. About the only real answer is practice, practice and then
practice and practice some more.

I obviously wouldn't object if you had someone (presumably sighted) do
your checks; only you can decide what this means in terms of your
independence. But rest assured that every last one of us found testing
frustrating as Hades at first; I know I did. But it really does get
better.

Mike