[Diabetes-talk] question

Diane dianefilipe at peoplepc.com
Mon Jul 20 22:20:53 UTC 2009

Bridget, I must disagree with you about not having to worry if you are
eating the right amount of carbs or the "sliding scale" when using the pump.
What is a sliding scale?
The pump takes into consideration:
Your current blood sugar
The amount of carbs you are eating
and the insulin that you still have in your body (Insulin On Board), and
then tells you the amount of insulin you need to take for that meal,
correction, etc.
Without those correct measurements, you can hit a low or high.
The pump really has made my life easier, but you still gotta take into
consideration everything that you are doing.  I just learned that after
exercising, the effects can stay with you for up to 24 hours.
Diane