[Diabetes-talk] Fw: levemer

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jun 14 17:19:21 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patricia LaFrance-Wolf" <plawolf at earthlink.net>
To: "Blind-Diabetics at Yahoogroups. Com"
<blind-diabetics at yahoogroups.com>; "Acb-Diabetics at Acb. Org"
<acb-diabetics at acb.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 8:18 AM
Subject: [acb-diabetics] levemer

The FDA has issued the following Public Health Advisory regarding
Levemir
Insulin:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has learned that some stolen vials
of
the long-acting insulin Levemir made by Novo Nordisk Inc. have
reappeared
and

are being sold in the U.S. market. Three lots or a total of 129,000
vials of
this product were stolen in all. These stolen insulin vials may not have
been

stored and handled properly and may be dangerous for patients to use.

The FDA has received one report of a patient who suffered an adverse
event
due to poor control of glucose levels after using a vial from one of
these
three

lots.

The agency is advising patients who use Levemir insulin to:

1. Check your personal supply of insulin to determine if you have
Levemir
insulin from one of the following lots: XZF0036, XZF0037, and XZF0038.
Patients

can locate the lot number on the side of the box of insulin and also on
the
side of the vial.

2. Do not use your Levemir insulin if it is from one of these lots.
Replace
it with a vial of Levemir insulin from another lot. If you must switch
another

brand of insulin for any reason, first contact your healthcare provider
as
another insulin product may require adjustments in dosing.

3. Always visually inspect your insulin before using it. Levemir is a
clear
and colorless solution.

4. Contact the Novo Nordisk Customer Care Center at 800-727-6500 for
what to
do with vials from these lots or if you have any other questions.

To read the FDA Advisory on the FDA web site, go to

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm166358.htm

To read the press release issued by Novo Nordisk, go to

http://press.novonordisk-us.com/index.php?s=43&item=204

Arturo R Rolla

arolla at comcast.net

arolla at caregroup.harvard.edu

arolla at hms.harvard.edu

__._,_.___

Messages in this topic

(1)

Reply (via web post) |

Start a new topic

Messages |

Files |

Photos |

Links |

Database |

Polls |

Calendar

MARKETPLACE

I Make $350 per Day. Learn how I make 10k a month after I Got Fired!.

----

How Many Triangles? 92.6% of Americans Fail this Question!.

----

Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families,
for
the world and for each other

Yahoo! Groups

Change settings via the Web