[Diabetes-talk] prodigy voice setting time

Vincent Chaney vgc732 at optonline.net
Thu Jun 25 05:40:51 UTC 2009

Rachel,

Along the line of the 3 horizontal buttons is the Settings Button. This is
the middle of the three. Just to clarify, the left of the three repeats the
result or says the date and time. The right one turns on the meter or allows
you entry into the memory.

One Note...

I've notice slight differences to the Prodigy Voice with each change that
has come out. I got my Prodigy Voice in November last year and a friend in
January. My machine is slightly smaller than his. His machine does not have
any version of the eject, no button on the bottom, or no slide on the upper
left. One further problem is the audio CD he received goes way back to the
one with the stem that originally came out the bottom or the reverse side of
the side where you put in the strip to test.
The settings are a little different from his to my Voice but not enough to
stop me from being able to train him in its use.

Now to the date and time. I have found the machine when the batteries are
changed defaults to the last date and time you tested yourself. By holding
down that Set Button for about 5 seconds, the machine says "You're now in
setting mode", or at least mine does. Press the Set Button until you hear
the date. My Voice starts with the year but my friend I mentioned has his
start with the volume setting. If the year is correct, press the Set Button
or use the up or down arrows to correct and then press the Set Button when
you are ready to move on to the month and then the day. You can adjust each
in the same way of up and down arrows and then press the Set Button to move
on.

I hope this helps...

Vince
Vincent Chaney, NFBNJ Diabetes Division President ,
Committee Co-chair Lead NJAGDU