[Diabetes-talk] questions from a fairly new list subscriber

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Mar 5 04:09:42 UTC 2009

Chanelle:

Although I cannot speak for her, if you want to speak with a diabetes educator with plenty of experience with blind diabetics, may I recommend Ann Williams. She monitors this list; her email address is clevelandann at sbcglobal.net and she knows her stuff. Not only that but she's a very nice lady!

As for the Voice of the Diabetic, it has begun to cost us so much money that we (NFB) have decided to cease its publication. Diabetes-related articles will appear in the NFB's monthly magazine, "The Braille Monitor" beginning, I understand, with the April issue.

That said, however, you can peruse many past issues of the Voice by going to the site http://www.voiceofthediabetic.org.

Additionally, as you've discovered, there are many, many people anxious and willing to help you if needed. I'm very glad you are on this list and participating.

Mike Freeman