[Diabetes-talk] pumps

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Mar 5 22:19:56 UTC 2009

Dar:

Both of the common rapid-acting insulins (Humalog and Novolog) come in
both pens and syringes. I believe also that both come in both disposable
pens and pens using a cartridge.

The "rapid-acting" part refers to time of onset, not necessarily to how
fast your blood sugar is reduced. Whereas regular insulin can take from
thirty to forty-five minutes to start to work, rapid-acting insuins
begin to work from fifteen minutes to a half-hour at most, at least most
of the time.

Mike