[Diabetes-talk] pumps

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Mar 6 00:02:04 UTC 2009

Dar:

I haven't a clue why "they" would say that rapid-acting insulin is
cheaper. It isn't. In fact, it's more expensive than, say, 70/30
regular/NPH insulin. And there's no such thing as a "generic" insulin;
this is because insulin falls under a different set of rules governing
drugs manufactured by biological processes (insulin is made by
genetically-engineered bacteria now).

Let me be clear: (1) the word is "pen", not "pin", that is, P E N, not P
I N as you spelled it. And any kind of insulin can be put in a pen or a
syringe. It's just that companies market some insulins in particular
types of pen.

Mike