[Diabetes-talk] November Braille Monitor

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:30:50 UTC 2009

Hi all:

Just wanted to remind you to read the November issue of the Braille Monitor.  My article is in it about getting your diabetic supplies.

Also, we need to know, and I will put this in the Monitor with the permission of our Officers of DAN.

Because not everyone posts on here from DAN.

To let us know if people cannot get there monitors such as (Prodigy Voice, or other talking meters).  I found out this weekend from Representatives of Advanced Diabetic Solutions, who spoke at our Diabetic Luncheon, by the way we are starting our own state division here in NY.  Said that they HMOs are not paying for the meters because they think they are fads and that we don't need them.  I let Mike Freeman know about this, and I am trying to investigate more since here on Long Island, I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HIP, GHI, and the rest are in Manhattan. I plan to contact them as well and find out what I can.

Post an article to get in touch with me about not being able to get there supplies and for what reason if they do not.

Cheryl Echevarria
Treasurer,
Greater Long Island Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind

Echevarriatravel.com
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:Reservations at echevarriatravel.com>
1-866-580-5574
Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Montrose Travel
CST #1018299-10