[Diabetes-talk] Solo V2 Announcement

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Apr 1 21:28:06 UTC 2010

Tamera, as it comes, the FreeStyle is not accessible to us. I figured
out how to connect it to an older Braille 'n Speak and can get the
results that way. It's sure not ideal in that department. But as you
said, I do it because I trust the number I get. It doesn't require
codes to be entered for each vial of strips, so the only thing I need
sighted help with is setting the time twice a year. <grin.> I do know
we were oh so close to getting a talking version of this meter back
in 2003, but that didn't happen. But I sure did like the company when
it was Therasense. But I'd sure like to have a talking version of
this. But it's really not hard to use the Braille 'n Speak, just not
quite as portable as having a single unit. <grin.>
Veronica
Check out my new CD, "We Woof You A Merry Christmas," at
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407