[Diabetes-talk] Legislation

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Apr 5 13:40:50 UTC 2010

My doctor was going to write a prescription for these types of lancets, but
I did not and still do not want them.  It reminded me of the spear-like
lancets that were around when I was first introduced to home glucose
monitoring.  I like the lancet devices that when you push a button it sticks
your finger for you.  I don't have it in me to purposefully push my finger
onto a needle.  I hope we don't get forced into using the manual method.
Because a few people that have strong voices say they are fine and usable,
doesn't make them the lancette of choice for everyone.  My tendancy is to
pull away from these when trying to stick my own fingertips.

The nurse in my doc's office uses them for finger sticks, but she's a nurse
and doesn't have problems jabbing at people.  I, for one, do not want to use
the single-use, pressure-activated lancets.

Eileen