[Diabetes-talk] Legislation

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Apr 5 21:44:31 UTC 2010

Hi Vinny:

I spoke to Tina this afternoon.  Perhaps it was something I over looked or
did not even hear her say when I spoke with her last week.  If I understood
Tina today, the single use pressure lancets are what they offer/provide to
their visually impaired customers.  If I knew last week that I'd be getting
them with the shipment, I would have told her to leave them out.  I told her
today I can't stand them so she's sending me some of the more traditional
style lancets.  So, yes, you're correct no one is forced to use them.  I was
for a short time afraid that these were the up & comeing new trend in
lancing supplies.  If anyone else is going for the Solo, just tell them
you'd prefer thestandard lancets & auto type pens -- if that's what you in
fact want.

So far so good with the Solo, but I only did two test this afternoon. will
get back after a few more days of use.  The storage/carrying case is
fantastic!  Holds every thing -- meter, lancing device, control solution,
strips and no risk of the thing turning on when you are traveling with it.
Its about the size of a paperback novel we might have thrown into a pocket
book when we could see to read!

Meter also came with a USB cable for connecting to a computer.  Software &
users manual are available on the www.solometer.com web site for download.
So far so good.

I like the fact too that before you test or run a control, you can note for
that one test if it is a Control solution test (it won't be included in your
averages), you can mark tests of your choice as either a before or after
meal test if that is something you want called out for the doctor's notice.
Just have to get the software and play with that for a bit too.

Eileen