[Diabetes-talk] Fw: Comments about the Solo Blood Glucose Meter

K C kcc86 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:52:55 UTC 2010

Hello.  I'm disturbed that Mike's forward seems to be turning into a debate
over the poster's affiliation with ACB, rather than a plea for support of
making our meters more wide spread.  It really shouldn't matter where any
poster's affiliation lies.  The fact is it is a great idea to lobby that
they be sold in Drug stores, and be paid for by Medicaid.

Regardless of which organization anyone may belong to, clearly there are a
lot of Diabetics who're blind/visually impaired who need support.  If I
could go to my local drug Store, and buy my meter like everyone else, I
wouldn't care who arranged their availability!  So let's not slip into the
old, and rather unproductive antipathy over NFB VS ACB!  But simply join
together.  We all know what was said makes sense!  This is the DAN, not the
NFB (only) DAN.