[Diabetes-talk] talking insulin pump remote: Pump Mate

Chanelle Hill chanellemh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 18:43:38 UTC 2010

Dear list,
I don't know if this information has been posted yet, but it is super excited. A talking remote is being made for the insulin pump. The remote is being made by a company called Access Solutions www.axsol.com. I just spoke with James Kubel, the engineer who created the Pump Mate. He has had diabetes for 40 years and was frustrated by the lack of a talking insulin pump and the fact that there was no interest in producing one by insulin pump companies. The website for the Pump Mate is www.pump-mate.com
James is trying to get Medtronic Minimed's cooperation and support in developing and producing the Pump Mate. It would be great if those who are interested could contact Minimed to express interest in the pump mate and desire that Minimed would help to market and produce it.
With the Pump Mate, it is possible to program basal rates, use the Bolis Wizzard, and hear test results from the meters that Minimed has specifically designed to transfer data to and from the insulin pump. This has amazing potential since the Pump Mate could someday be used in conjunction with the continuous glucose monitoring system.
I have pasted James's contact information below, and I am sending him a carbon copy of this message in case he would like to join the list or provide feedback.

Access Solutions
james at axsol.com
sales: (916) 481-3559

Chanelle