[Diabetes-talk] high sugars warnings

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 02:33:26 UTC 2010

High blood sugars:

urinate more frequently and thirsty

real high blood sugars:
frequent urination and extremely thirsty like you can't quench your thirst
and your throat is so dry.

sugars over 600:

all of the above and you feel tired

just prior to going into a coma:

frequent urination, extreme thirst, sick to your stomach, vomitting[ this
happens due to your acetones raising high and just prior to acedosis],
really  tired and when I was sighted light sensitivity to my eyes.

My acedosis were when I was a kid and there was no such thing as home blood
 glucose machines.  My last acedosis was 41 years ago.  With the blood
glucose machines and the insulin regiment  that is available today I know I  do
not think I will go into a coma now.

Testing your urine and acetone was all we had to work with when I was
growing up.  As Bern says the numbers with testing the blood opens up your
understanding of your disease.

My endocrinologist in Yale told me that the research being done on diabetes
 is to create an artificial pancreas.  This will be implanted in your body
and constantly monitor blood sugar levels and disperse  insulin to you
according to your levels.  This research is being done over in  Europe.  Not
sure how far it has progressed.

Joyce