[Diabetes-talk] chalenges

Rhonda Coe coe at impactcil.org
Wed Apr 14 13:47:18 UTC 2010

Good Morning All
I'm sure this comment may be a little late in coming, however. Just an
FYI in regards to high and low blood sugars.
I hope my fellow diabetics out here are aware that stress plays a huge
part in raising our blood sugars.  I have had blood sugars of 1200, YES
1200 and it was due to stress alone.  It was a 18 hour fasting blood
sugar.  I had been with my husband in the emergency room and so I
thought since I had to have blood work done that week anyway I would go
ahead and get it done while I was there.  Well needless to say we both
ended up in the hospital together amid me on an insulin drip for 24
hours.  I was A symptomatic and felt fine.  Stress was the culprit.  I
have found that most of the time our bodies tell us when things are out
of whack, but sometimes we are clueless.
Have a Great Day
Rhonda