[Diabetes-talk] great place to exercise

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 09:21:32 UTC 2010

There is no excuse now for not taking a walk, no matter what the weather
is.

I needed to buildmy ability to walk longer distances due to getting a guide
 dog from the seeing eye.  I started working on this about a year  back.
Welll I had asthma and was on treatment for 2 months last spring and  then I
got going out a bit walking and the hot summer came and I got asthma  again
with the breathing treatments and was pulling my hair out how I could  build
up my stamina.  Well the light bulb went on and I started walking in  my
house.  I got one of those talking pedometers and walked from the  kitchen
down the hallway to the bedroom and worked up to a mile 3 times a  day.  So
during the hot weather the air conditioning was on and it was  flat, just had
to make sure the toys were picked up after the kids went  home.  I was able
to go and get my Seeing Eye dog in November.

So exercise by walking in your house.  I have a friend that while she
washes the dishes she runs in place.

Joyce