[Diabetes-talk] Count-A-Dose approved

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at dslextreme.com
Thu Feb 11 18:50:49 UTC 2010

Good news!  I just finished speaking with Jerry Munden of Prodigy Diabetes Care and he told me that the FDA approved their Count-A-Dose product yesterday. He was hopeful that it would be available in 6 or 7 weeks once they had worked out the details of packaging and various forms of manuals for supporting the usage of the product. Thanks Bern for putting me in touch with him.

I am very happy to have this info as my HMO has doubled the price on my Novolog Mix Flex Pens and being able to use the bottled insulin will mean a few more nickels  in my pocket. Now then, if Uncle Sugar and the state of California will just stop trying to meddle with . . . . . Oops! maybe I had better keep quiet!

Grant E. Metcalf
Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.
P.O. Box 572
South San Francisco, CA 94083-0572