[Diabetes-talk] insulin ?

Vincent Chaney vgc732 at optonline.net
Wed Jan 6 20:12:45 UTC 2010

Debbie,

I agree with Cheryl's explanation that everyone is different. I personally
have been a diabetic for over 47 years and have not heard of that exact
50-50 ratio. When the mixed insulin doses came out and I was still using the
injections, I could not use the 70-30 mixture ratio as that did not match my
65-35 ratio. My dosage stayed on that level for over 25 years until I went
onto the insulin pump and take only the short acting humalog for the last 10
and a half years. If 50-50 is recommended, I wonder why insulin companies
produce even the insulin pens with mostly 70-30 mixtures and I've read some
have a 75-25 dose also.
Is your doctor relatively new or may have heard of some study we all could
use for the future?

Vinny
Vincent Chaney Jr
NFB Diabetes Action Network (DAN) Board