[Diabetes-talk] Resolution 2010-13 - Regarding Insurance Coverage of Accessible Equipment for Diabetics

Jerry Munden jerrym at prodigymeter.com
Mon Jul 26 12:14:21 UTC 2010

Dear Friends and Prodigy Partners:

It has been a pleasure for Prodigy(tm) to listen to and make Access Award winning products over the past 6+ years to benefit the people in the blind diabetic community which we serve.

I have had the pleasure to go to many of the National Blind Association trade shows across the country and meet personally with the Presidents and leaders of these associations. The NFB has made a bold move to make it their priority to mandate that accessible diabetes products be made available, covered by insurance and on retail chain store shelves. All of the Blind Association Presidents and leaders I have spoken to are in agreement that if we work together to form one collective voice our message cannot be ignored. Prodigy(tm) continues to stand alone in listening to and answering the needs of the blind diabetic. In addition to the Prodigy Voice(tm), Prodigy(tm) has recently released the new Prodigy Count-a-dose(tm) and we plan to release the Prodigy IQ(tm) totally audible and accessible insulin pump (the dream of our friend Ed Bryant) and other new accessible products 1st quarter of 2011. We are also working to make available excellent training materials (created by the NFB + BISM) to close the loop and teach living skills with blindness and diabetes available free to all Prodigy(tm) customers.

Prodigy(tm) makes new products accessible and together we will work together to make them available.

As always, Prodigy(tm) is Here to Help,

Jerry Munden (Living well with Type I for 30+ years ... and you can too!)
Vice President of Business Development

Prodigy Diabetes Care, LLC

9300 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 450

Charlotte, NC 28269

Desk: 704-285-6454   Cell: 704-962-1243

Email: jerrym at prodigymeter.com

Web: www.prodigymeter.com

Let's Talk Diabetes Blog: http://letstalkdiabetes.wordpress.com/

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments are confidential property of the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the person to whom it was addressed and should not be used in any manner not authorized by the sender. Any other interception, copying, accessing, or disclosure of this information is prohibited. The sender takes no responsibility for any unauthorized reliance on this information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and purge the message you received. Do not forward this message without permission.