[Diabetes-talk] talking insulin pump?

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Mar 24 20:35:07 UTC 2010

Oh Cheryl! This is just so crazy! I know I'm curious to see what
Prodigy folks think we want in a pump. I've been on a pump for 19
years now and wouldn't go back to MDI for anything. I just had to get
a new one last year and in investigating the different pumps out
there, I found quite a variety of approaches and feature lists. I'm
sad to say that my favorite pump no longer can be bought. It has some
of the simplest advanced features I've seen on a pump. Granted, I
can't use them all, but the way I can program different basal
patterns, set up temporary basals, set up different bolus rates for
different times of the day, and make use of insulin on board and
other things is just, well, spoiling me. Of course, sighted pump
users have food data bases built right in and all sorts of fun stuff.
So, in short, I hope we get a real adult pump, not a talking toy. <grin.>

Veronica

Check out my new CD, "We Woof You A Merry Christmas," at
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407