[Diabetes-talk] Fw: information about blindness and diabetis

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Mar 30 02:25:37 UTC 2010

The person below wishes information about teaching braille to those with diabetes (said person doesn't say whether those whom he/she is teaching have diabetic neuropathy in their hands or not). I'm going to reply that if there's no neuropathy, one teaches braille the same way one would to others and that far more diabetics can learn braille than most people think. However, I know little of jumbo braille or of teaching braille to diabetics with neuropathy so I'd be interested in comments/advice from any of you. You may write to Kacey Harper directly or to Diabetes-Talk or to me and I can relay the information.

Thanks.

Mike Freeman