[Diabetes-talk] Fw: question regarding the article titled Understanding Medical Insurance

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 18:14:41 UTC 2010

I got this question from someone who read my article and this will probably
answer a lot of questions pertaining to this.

The commercials on tv that talk about Diabetic Supplies, are for medicare
clients and they state it in there commercials, anyone that has medicare and
if you are not sure give the information to the supplier and they will let
you know if you qualify or not.  If you are not on Medicare and still work
or have Medicaid, each insurance is different.

Diabetic supplies fall under durable medical supplies, which is not the same
a prescription drugs.  Now depending on your insurance company they will
have a few contracts with Medical supply companies, some of them are in your
area and some you may have to send in a prescription to.  Now with the
Prodigy Voice or the Solo Meter or any meter, it all depends on what that
supplier carries and you may need for your dr to request it from the
supplier as well as you may need to contact the insurance company as well.

I hope this helps.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646