[Diabetes-talk] High sugars in the wake of skipping a snack?

Dorothea Martin bestsinger at samobile.net
Mon Nov 22 10:03:22 UTC 2010

Hello, Michael,
Thanks for the long panegyric on testing. I needed this. Here in
Albania I am criticized for regular testing because no one else seems
to do it. Don't worry. I have no intention of giving it up. If I had to
make the choice, I would give up my medication before I would give up
testing. Not that I'm planning on this either, but if I had to, I could
probably keep my blood sugar in order just with diet, movement and
testing, though I don't think I could do it without any knowledge of
where my blood sugar is, despite all the medicine they could give me.
 I am a newly-diagnosed type 2, but my blood sugar meter is my second
best friend, only less cuddly than the dog.
Dotty Martin