[Diabetes-talk] update on Denial of Insulin Coverage

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:11:03 UTC 2010

I didn't say you were quarreling with me.

Well they are saying that they are informing other patients of the change of drugs.  So even if I did get the letter or notice, I would have probably had issues with it, especially since they are saying well we are allowing the Lantus but not in the way of the pen that is one.

The insurance company is playing the blame game over the fact that they are saying it is another companies fault for me not to have received it, especially the insurance companies decided what they will offer that month over the other.

Basically the decide whether or not to offer something based on the kick backs that they are getting from the manufacturer of the drug, and not the actual drug.  Lantus is probably not giving them extra money for offering the pens over the vials, so the insurance company is saying it is to much for us to cover and we aren't getting anything from Lantus to make it worth our while so we wont let the customer have it.

So yes in the case of everyone not being able to get the lantus pens sighted and blind are not going to be able to get it under this plan.

But no we are not getting it in accessible format that we need over the insurance companies, and this includes the monthly statements from Medicare or whenever you go to the dr, etc (meaning the EOB's or Explanation of Benefits)

Cheryl Echevarria
http://Echevarriatravel.com<http://echevarriatravel.com/>
1-866-580-5574
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:Reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise and Travel Inc.

join my yahoogroup
echevarriatravel-subscribe at yahoogroups.com<mailto:echevarriatravel-subscribe at yahoogroups.com>