[Diabetes-talk] how to start a Diabetes Action Network in your state

Joy Stigile jstigile at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 28 04:58:44 UTC 2010

Dear All,

The best way to start a new division in your state is to talk to your affiliate president.  That way your president can check the constitution.

In California we started a Diabetes Action Network (DAN) over 20 years ago.  We have a state wide meeting at each state convention with a luncheon. Since, I became President of the Diabetes Action Network of California I have looked for a speaker who is a certified Diabetes educator.  We have a great turnout.  We collect dues and part of it goes towards our speakers expenses another part is donated to National Federation of the Blind of California.

Warmly,
Joy Stigile, Treasurer
Diabetes Action Network