[Diabetes-talk] Omnipos

Lynn Baillif lbaillif at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 19:40:57 UTC 2011

Hi Debbie,
Omnipod is an insulin pump that consists of 2 seperate parts.  The "pod" is applied to the insulin delivery site and you fill it with the insulin.  You also have a hand held device similar to a PDA that controls the pump.  There is not tubing connecting these 2 parts.  That is one advantage of the Omnipod.  I do not know to what extent the Omnipod is accessible.

If you'd like to take a look at one, you could try contacting Omnipod to see if they have any pump trainers in your area.  Or, call around to diabetes educators in your area to see if anyone has a demo pump.

Lynn