[Diabetes-talk] testing difficulty

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Apr 15 22:21:20 UTC 2011

Very often I'm having difficulty just getting enough blood on the test
strip to even get a reading.  Earlier today I had my hands under warm
water to try and prevent the capilaries from constricting; work place and
my apartment are air-conditioned and that didn't even work.  The strips
usually end up sticky by the time the meter shuts off too.  I'm using the
sides of some of my fingers, but not the index fingers since I intend to
be able to continue reading braile for the rest of my life.  The meter I
have can do alternate site testing but I haven't yet learned the good
places to do that yet.  It's all very frustating!