[Diabetes-talk] talking blood pressure monitors

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Apr 24 17:20:28 UTC 2011

Chanelle:

I don't think so.  But my wife is sighted so didn't pay too much attention.  But I think I remember it speaking the time and date.  And it giveds lots of instructions when taking the blood pressure.  You should have someone read you the manual, however, so that you get the cuff adjusted properly.

As for transferring records to a PC, I doubt that *any* of the bp meters use accessible PC software.  It just isn't a high priority on the part of the manufacturers.  Best to just keep a flat file, transcribing readings as Joyce says.  Incidentally, my meter *does* say the time as well as the date.

Mike