[Diabetes-talk] Question about a new advertised talking meter

Julie Kline julie.kline at rochester.rr.com
Sun Aug 21 03:26:43 UTC 2011

Good evening all,

A few times during the National News, I have heard ads for a new meter that
is supposed to not only talk, but you don't have to prick your finger to use
it.  I didn't catch the correct spelling of the group, but I think it's
Arriba or Arriva Medical Group.  I don't know if they work with other
insurances besides Medicare or not since their working with Medicare was one
of their big selling points.  Not having to prick your fingers would be a
major selling point for me, enough that I don't care about whether the
memory portion of this talks because when I used to test I wrote down my own
readings anyway.

Has anyone heard about this meter?  I'm just wondering how accessible it
would be, like if your time and date settings on it talk too or just the
readings.

Thanks.
Julie