[Diabetes-talk] Issues at Orlando Airport July 10th with me, insulin pump and guide dog

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Jul 13 17:55:49 UTC 2011

I never ever ever detach my pump just to go through security.
Sometimes I've been lucky and they didn't notice it. I'm a little
confused as to what they asked you to do, Cheryl. I wear my pump in a
little cloth pouch, which goes around my waste. They asked me to hold
my pump, put it back into the pouch and then they swobbed my hands.
But they sure didn't ask me to take it off by disconnecting it. And I
agree with you on the dog part of the equation as well. Here's hoping
the TSA can train those companies providing the screening more thoroughly.
Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407