[Diabetes-talk] Comments on two topics

ColleenRoth n8tnv at att.net
Fri Jul 15 23:27:14 UTC 2011

Hi,
I just joined this list. It's fumny being on this end of things.
I remember referring people to Ed Bryant and sending out Literature. I just never thought about being a Diabetic although I should have because it really is predominant in my family.
I asked the doctor July 1st if I was a Diabetic.
He had been nucging me for a while by saying I was a Borderline Diabetic. He knew with everything else going on health wise I wasn't quite ready. I definitely couldn't have handled this news when my girls were alichre because of their many needs. They were multiply-handicapped.
I looked for info when my husband was diagnosed about two years ago and couldn't find much in Braille.
Luckily I got some info from the Independence Market right after Convention.
My Insurance Company couldn't even find out where I could get a Meter.
Of course I ordered my own through Independence Market.
Now to find The Test Strips locally.
Sorry this is a long post but it's ífferent when you are not just giving info to others but being blind and then getting this diagnosis.
Colleen Roth