[Diabetes-talk] Need Tips for Lowering A1C

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Jun 17 15:38:25 UTC 2011

Debbie:

For once, I'm going to be dogmatic: aside from taste, there's no redeeming feature to regular (as opposed to diet) soda. Tons of empty calories with precious little in the way of nutrition to show for them. Diet soda at least has few, if any, calories. And yes, I know; some people can't stand diet soda. Dar's assertion to the contrary notwithstanding, IMO it's better to just skip soda altogether than to drink the "regular" stuff which is effectively almost pure corn syrup (read sugar!). But then I never went in much for sweet drinks anyway.

Mike