[Diabetes-talk] FW: Diabetes Forecast Magazine Now Available on NFB-NEWSLINE(r)

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Jun 28 02:48:44 UTC 2011

I wondered that myself. Since I don't have direct input into NFB Newsline R,
I found out that diabetes Self-management Quarterly isn't one of the
publications anymore the same way you did. (grin) I'll make some inquiries
when I'm in Orlando or you can write to Renee West at <rwest at nfb.org> and
ask her directly; she is one of the NFB NewslineR staff.

I can hazard a guess, though. Rappaport Publishing, the publisher of
Diabetes Self-management, has been rapidly expanding its computer-related
activities including its website; there are even past issues of the mag on
the site if you know where to look. I realize that not every blind person
has a computer but I'd bet that Rappaport decided to withdraw permission,
figuring that we could get at the mag through the website.

Just a guess, though. I'll try to find out more.

Mike