[Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:44:08 UTC 2011

what is the prodigy now?

Cheryl Echevarria
CD-10646
http://www.Echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
1-866-580-5574 or 631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Member of NACTA.com
Member of ASTA.org

  From: Veronica Elsea<mailto:veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com>
  To: Diabetes Talk for the Blind<mailto:diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
  Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

  Wow! I have never gone away from wherever I am to operate my pump. I
  wore my Disetronic pump in my bra. The buttons on that pump are
  designed to be felt through clothing so it was easy. Now I wear my
  Cozmo around my waste. There is a company called Unique Accessories
  that makes all sorts of things for wearing pumps, everything from tea
  shirts, pajamas, things that go around arms and legs and so on. I
  have something called a Waist It. It is a soft band of cloth with
  velcro on it. I just wrap it around my waste. It has a soft pocket
  into which the pump fits. It goes nicely with pants or dresses. I
  also tend to use the shorter tubing so there's less of it to fuss
  with. I don't tape anything down at all, just stuff it down in
  clothing. And many of the newer pumps, including the Prodigy now
  feature remotes. So when that comes out, there will not be any need
  to fish out a pump and play with menus. I frankly don't know who
  thought menus were a good idea in something you try to hide in
  clothing anyway. At least my Cozmo, and also the Animas has a nice
  quick button on the side which can be felt through clothing. I set
  that button so that each press is 5 grams of carbs for me. This way
  if I'm guessing anyway, like at a restaurant, I just push the button
  through my clothes and off I go.
  And my diet is much less restrictive as well.

  Veronica
  We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
  Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
  http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com<http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com/>
  877-607-6407