[Diabetes-talk] wearing your pump

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 03:15:41 UTC 2011

Thank you very much.  It is a difficult decision to make.  You don't
think of these things when you are younger, but then all of a sudden,
you grow up and begin to think like a grown up.  *smile*

I've been diabetic for 25-yeaars now, and I was always cautioned to be
careful and that a pregnancy would be difficult at best.  I know many
make the decision to create a family and it turns out beautiful in the
end.  Not all stories have similar endings though.

How does one weigh such an option?  This subject of motherhood and
inability to conceive has become a large part of my writing.

Perhaps future generations will not have to toil so much to experience
something that, for many, is a natural part of life.