[Diabetes-talk] our event today

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 16 17:31:10 UTC 2011

Hi all:

Today we did another JDRF walk, for those that do not know what those
initials are, it is Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Type 1, which I
have and that is how I lost my vision back in 2001, and went on dialysis in
2002.

Well since I am a business owner, and doing a fundraiser cruise for them on
March 31-April 7, 2012, some of you may have seen it floating around. It is
also my 45th Birthday Cruise, if not just go to my website and read all
about it on the dedicate tab for it.

They allowed me to have a vendor table free of charge for all three walks
that they are holding on Long Island where we live.

The first one was October 2 at SUNY Old Westbury Campus
Today was at Hecksher State Park, in Islip, NY, close to where I live
And the 23rd of October at the Suffolk Community College out in Riverhead.

Anyone living in the area come out and meet and talk to us.

Besides also walking today, with Maxx, it was a 5K walk, we are tired,
Nelson manned the table while we walked.

I didn't walk at the first one and I wont walk on the one the 23rd.

We also advocate while we are there, being blind and October is Meet the
Blind Month, I make sure everyone knew that I started my business when I
lost my vision, I talk to everyone about Maxx, some people were there who
raised a dog for GDF, but the dog didn't make it, the dog know work for
ATF - which is the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Spoke about the NFB and of course, NAGDU, Travel and Tourism and the
Diabetic Action Network.

We enjoyed the day and had beautiful weather.

Talk to you soon.
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.