[Diabetes-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Join ArtificialPancreas Petition Today

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 00:21:33 UTC 2011

I agree. And with so many being diagnosed with diabetes nowadays, it
brings a lot of attention to flash "cures" and products promising
miracle-like results. It also gets a lot of hopes up prematurely and
unnecessarily. I say this all the time, but I've been told my entire
life that a "cure" for diabetes will be discovered in my lifetime. As a
child, I held my breath waiting for this day to arrive, but eventually,
as I grew up, I realized that what will come will come, but I have to
live the best possible life now with what tools and products that
currently exist. And we're still waiting on accessible technology like
talking pumps, which the  technology does currently exist, but for some
reason it seems difficult for companies to harness it; what makes us
think a true cure is as close as some advertise? For crying out loud,
you can buy childrens toys with pretty sophisticated talking technology,
but an insulin pump alludes our abilities. Too bad Steve Jobs is no
longer around. I say support research and stay updated, but don't hold
your breath for anything. Life's too short.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan