[Diabetes-talk] VoiceRx is Prodigy

GREGORY ROSENBERG gregg at ricis.com
Sun Oct 23 14:55:55 UTC 2011

Good morning everyone,

Not only do I agree with the issues you both raise, but I have found that Prodigy is the worst meter I have ever tested. Roche makes some of the most accurate and consistent meters that I have tested and used. The industry says that meters can be up to +-20%, Roche has always been between 1% of my lab results. Granted meters are intended to give you a measurement of relative change, but I have had a prodigy show 90 when I was 67. Had I not sensed Hypoglycemia coming on I might have been in trouble. My Roche meters always are close enough I never get a close call in either direction.

I have many clients that are durable equipment resellers. So I have tested dozens of meters over the years. Hands down Prodigy is at the bottom of the barrel.