[Diabetes-talk] Prodigy meters

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 24 21:36:05 UTC 2011

Over the years I have used the One Touch, the Roche, and the Prodigy meters.
I am a type 2 diabetic since 1995 and personally have found the Prodigy very
satisfactory for my needs. Testing morning and evening before meals, and
sometimes before bedtime, I have found the prodigy Voice to be quite
accurate when compared with my last 90 day HBA1C. I personally keep a daily
record of my morning BG numbers, and the average difference between my
personal record and the lab was just over 1 point difference in the 125
range--the lowest in 3 years. I am not a tight control person, although I do
increase my injection units if the readings are higher than I think they
need to be. Every person is different, every meter is different, and how we
individually respond to the various circumstances in which we find ourselves
is also going to be somewhat different as well. No single meter will meet
everybody's needs regardless of the quality of the finished product--'cause
that's just how things are! As for myself, Thank you DDI for Count-a-dose
and the Prodigy Voice, they are working for me. Let's just hope that the
various companies in the pump and meter making business will continue to
find it profitable to compete for our dollars and do it in a more
economically efficient way for them and for us! and, please forgive this
last statement, but, I think the less the governement is involved, the
better it will be for everyone.

Grant
Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.
http://bartimaeus.us/