[Diabetes-talk] raising money to find a cure for diabetes and meet the blind month

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 3 13:09:15 UTC 2011

Good morning all:

Cheryl Echevarria here, member of DAN. I am posting this here, is I am
raising money to find a cure for diabetes.

As the subject lines says, raising money to find a cure and meet the blind
month.

This can give all of the opportunity to get out there to raise awareness
that Diabetes in this country is one of the top diseases that still cause
blindness.

October is both Cure for Diabetes Walks all over this country and meet the
blind month.

I am combining both. I will be at all 3 walks here on Long Island, I have a
table as a vendor since I am also doing a fund-raiser for Cruise for a Cure
in March 2012, which I will post below; plus I will be physically walking in
one of them with my husband, daughter and guide dog.  Team Echevarria.
Should anyone like to donate to the walk.

You can send a check made out to JDRF and include my name in the memo
section, and mail it to me at 10 Aljan Drive, Brentwood, NY 11717 it must
arrive no later than October 14, 2011 since I am walking October 16th.

If you want to pay by credit card, please e-mail me off list and I will send
you the link to the website, it is exactly like posting when we do the walks
for the NFB. So very accessible.

As mentioned also, I am doing a fund-raiser cruise March 31-April 7, 2012,
this is during easter/passover week when most schools are closed.

I also also celebrated my 45th birthday, why is this one so important at the
age of 35 on my birthday in April 2002, I has lost 60 percent of my vision
at that time and was on disability since December 2001 only 5 months, but I
had to start kidney dialysis, and would be on it until August 23, 2005. I
just celebrated 6 years post transplant. So celebrating 10 years of illness
and recovery and the life of a dear friend who saved my life.

Please read information below.

Thank you DAN members.

Echevarria Travel presents.

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International Fundraiser Cruise

Onboard of the beautiful Norwegian Epic Sailing the Eastern Caribbean from
Miami - March 31, 2012 - April 7, 2012

Itinerary Includes: Round Trip from Miami, FL to St. Thomas, St. Maarten,
Nassau (Paradise Island) Bahamas.

Welcome to Norwegian Cruise Line's stunning new ship - Norwegian Epic. From
her innovative design and world class restaurants to her New Wave
accommodations and the most happening and sophisticated nightlife at sea,
everything about this impressive ship is done on a grand scale.

For each booking, a $75.00 per stateroom donation will be made on behalf of
Norwegian Cruise Line; an additional $25.00 per person donation will be made
on behalf of Echevarria Travel

Staterooms and prices held for this offer

Interior Stateroom Category IB - $769 p.p./double occupancy + taxes and fees

Balcony Stateroom Category BD - $1119 p.p./double occupancy + taxes and fees

$250.00 deposit due no later than November 1, 2011
Final payment due January 10, 2012

We only get the money from the cruise line, if there is a minimum of 8
staterooms booked, so far we only have 3.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.