[Diabetes-talk] Talking insulin pump from Prodigy

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Sep 8 16:43:50 UTC 2011

Actually, the delay in getting the talking pump out is related to the
state of affairs at the FDA more than at Prodigy at this point. At
the diabetes educators' conference I spoke with several companies who
had products held up because the FDA was way behind schedule. I have
been using insulin pumps for 20 years now and love them. However, I
agree with you Bonna. There are some really cool features that I'd
love to be able to use. That doesn't mean I'm not getting things done
now. It just means I want better. <grin.>
I actually had a really nice talk with a representative from the FDA
at this same conference and I now have a few calls in to see what we
mere mortals can do to help change the current system. Hey, nothing
will happen if I don't try, right?
Anyway, just thought I'd point out that Prodigy is kind of stuck for
the moment. So come on, FDA!

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407