[Diabetes-talk] victoza

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Sep 8 20:45:08 UTC 2011

I actually heard of a study where they're starting to use Victoza to
aid in insulin obsorbtion with Type One's too. It helped with
apparently what was seen as the insulin-related weight gain. It
doesn't have FDA clearance yet, but could prove quite interesting when it does.
But it's always a challenge when considering a new drug. Dar, I would
suggest looking at the benefits and then the risks. If there's
something that looks hopeful for you, focus your mind there. Then if
you start noticing side affects, you can always stop the drug. But I
sure know that for me, if I get to thinking too much about a possible
symptom like nausea, boy it's so easy to talk myself into that one
right away. <grin.>
I know there are some pretty mean side affects from some of my
rheumatoid arthritis drugs, but because of those drugs, I can
function really well and you couldn't pay me to stop them right now.
Just a friendly thought or two. But if you do start taking it, do let
us know how it works.

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407