[Diabetes-talk] testing with meter

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Wed Apr 11 01:00:23 UTC 2012

Hello,
When I was trained with testing I was told to put the blood on the
strip and hold your finger there until you get a reading.
I have done this for years, not knowing anything different until today.
I was complaining to my doctor that I felt my numbers were way to high
and I was getting frightened.
Trying to stay calm trying to fix the problem, because the nurses
wanted to see what the a one c was like.
It is still in the six point range but 6.9 instead of 6.4.
I was concerned it was higher.
the lady who took the testing with both meters, theirs and mine, said
theirs was a higher number than mine.
That was a shock to me. what she did though, was to put my finger on
the strip, she heard the beep and pulled my finger away.
I was concerned it wouldn't read like it should.
What do you folks do.
Just thought I would ask.
Thanks,

skype: dmgina23