[Diabetes-talk] testing with meter

William and Bernadette Jacobs bandbjacobs at verizon.net
Wed Apr 11 11:52:43 UTC 2012

Hey Dar:

This is actually why the meter sounds a tone, (beeps).  It signifies,
(theoretically), that there's enough blood, (or simply, blood), on the strip
and that it is reading the strip.  Therefore, it is not necessary to hold
your finger on the strip because the strip has already drawn the blood into
itself.

Bern

Bernadette M. Jacobs
1st Vice-President of Diabetes Action Network

Please consider making a donation to the Diabetes Action Network because
Diabetes is the leading cause of Blindness
http://www.nfb.org/diabetics