[Diabetes-talk] Another question

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:45:40 UTC 2012

 If hungry but not low, try drinking water. Often dehydration acts like
hunger, and if you drink water, it can alleviate the symptom of hunger.
Of cause, if it's a meal time or you are low, you need to eat, but if
not a mealtime, try some water especially if later at night. Bedtime
snacks can potentially cause you to run high blood sugars by morning.
I'm not a doctor, but in my years of experience, this is a helpful tip I
have picked up. Are you on insulin? If so and eating regularly before
bedtime, you may need to adjust your insulin regimen to accommodate for
a late night snack too. And of course, if not necessary or sugars not
allowing for it, just avoid a snack. If going to bed, you will soon
forget your feelings of hunger until morning anyway.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan